According to latest rumors on CR, the upcoming Canon full frame mirrorless high-end camera is rumored to be announced in Q4 of 2018. Recently sales from Canon shows that Canon has sold 70% more EOS M systems than last year. So it seems that Canon will also seriously join the Mirrorless war.
Take a look at previous rumored Canon Full Frame Mirrorless camera:
- The goal is to announce a full frame mirrorless camera for Photokina 2018 which takes place in September of that year.
- EF mount will be native
- New exclusive image sensor for the camera.
- New sensor technology required for the EF mount in a mirrorless application
- There will be no new “dedicated” lenses, but mirrorless will be “considered in all future EF lens design”
- 4K video is considered a necessary feature in all full frame cameras going forward
- One full frame mirrorless camera body to start
- There is testing at Canon of a more hybrid approach between DSLRs and Mirrorless cameras. What that looks like we don’t know.