After Sony announced high-end Alpha a9 full frame mirrorless camera, there are more and more talk on Canon’s full frame mirrorless camera. According to latest rumors on CR, the first Canon full frame mirrorless camera is scheduled to be announced around Photokina 2018 in September. And after that, there will be more Canon FF mirrorless cameras to come. According to CR, Canon full frame mirrorless will use EF mount lenses as their native lenses.
Below are a list of rumored specs of Canon FF mirrorless camera, take a look:
- The goal is to announce a full frame mirrorless camera for Photokina 2018 which takes place in September of that year.
- EF mount will be native
- New exclusive image sensor for the camera.
- New sensor technology required for the EF mount in a mirrorless application
- There will be no new “dedicated” lenses, but mirrorless will be “considered in all future EF lens design”
- 4K video is considered a necessary feature in all full frame cameras going forward
- One full frame mirrorless camera body to start
- There is testing at Canon of a more hybrid approach between DSLRs and Mirrorless cameras. What that looks like we don’t know.