Here is the rumored Canon roadmap for the first half of 2019. Since Canon EOS R announced, there will be no new cameras & lenses to be coming in rest of 2018. We’re now going to see more emphasis from Canon on rebates and deals for the upcoming Black Friday & Cyber Monday shopping season. There will be great deals on 5D Mark IV, 6D Mark II, 7D Mark II, 80D, T7i and even on new released EOS R. Stay tuned, Some of these cameras could be the lowest price online ever.
The new RF mount will be very extremely impressive as Canon said in the interview. Now Canon has just filed three new wide-angle zoom RF lens patents for Canon EOS R (B&H/Amazon/Adorama/Focus Camera/WEX/ParkCamera) full frame mirrorless system. These three lens patents are: Canon RF 14-21mm f/1.4L Lens, Canon RF 12-20mm f/2L Lens, Canon RF 16-35mm f/2.8L Lens.
Lensvid has a new Photokina 2018 inteview with Mike Burnhill from Canon Europe. Mike Burnhill has talked a lot about the new Canon EOS R (B&H Photo Video/Amazon/Adorama/Focus Camera/WEX/ParkCamera) and RF lenses. The interesting part are here:
- Canon will focus on RF lenses next.
- No new EF lenses to be released in 2019 (Which means EF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS will coming in 2020)
- Canon promised to release the “holy trinity” of RF mount lenses in 2019 (24-70mm, 70-200mm, 16-35mm, likely be f/2.8).
- Canon also said EOS R is not targeted for pro shooters
- A high-end level EOS R Pro mirrorless camera will probably have a dual card slot, IBIS, fast shooting speed, 4K Video 10bit 4:2:2 internally and more.
Canon has officially announced the new EOS R full frame mirrorless camera and RF lenses today. EOS R features a 30.3 megapixel CMOS sensor that is powered by DIGIC 8, enabling shooting at up to 8 fps. The EOS R also comes with the ability to shoot Canon Log, providing 12 stops of dynamic range. EOS R also features Dual Pixel CMOS Auto Focus with 5,655 manually selectable AF points, supporting AF at up to f/11 with a 384 zone (24×16) real-time metering system. With f/1.2 lenses, the camera astonishingly boasts AF sensitivity in low light in as little as EV-6. When using the RF 24-105mm F4 L IS USM lens with the EOS R, the camera can focus in as little as 0.05 seconds with Dual Pixel CMOS AF, making it the fastest autofocus speed in the world.