At Photokina 2018, LensVid has interviewed Zeiss manager talking about upcoming Zeiss ZX1 full frame compact camera. This camera will be available in early 2019.
Below are specs info about Zeiss ZX1:
- 37.4 MP sensor (developed by Zeiss).
- ISO range 80-51,200.
- Shutter 30-1/8000 (with a silent operation).
- Fixed Zeiss Distagon 35mm F2.0 (with T* coating). The camera has AF but there is a MF switch on the lens.
- Min focus distance of 30cm.
- Very simple (and minimalistic) design with 2 dials and a shutter button – the rest of the control is done via the 4.3″ touchscreen.
- 0.7″ OLED viewfinder (1080p resolution).
- Continuous shooting 3fps.
- Video: 4K @30p (1080p @ 60p). 15 min limit per clip.
- No memory card slot – 512GB of internal flash storage.
- USB-C for charging and image transfer to a computer.
- Other connections include HDMI/headphone and mic.
- WIFI/BT built in.
- Lightroom mobile built-in (user can start edit in camera and continue on the computer).
- Online sharing options (currently e-mail/dropbox and facebook (Zeiss is working on more options before the camera will reach the market).
- Weight: 1.76 lb / 800 g with battery.
- No pricing is known at this point (the camera should be available in early 2019).