A new teaser from Zeiss has leaked online. According to latest rumors, Zeiss will soon announce a new full frame compact camera before Photokina 2018 in September. This camera is rumored to have Sony tech (RX1R II ?). You can see the teaser above.
Translated from teaser:
There is still something missing in Zeiss’s product line and the photography community
It’s time for more Zeiss
Time for a new Zeiss milestone
And below are rumored specs of Zeiss full frame compact camera:
- Announcement before Photokina 2018
- This is a fixed lens Full Frame camera
- It uses Sony tech (probably RX1R II based).
- Price around $3,000
- Probably has a prime lens (35mm f/2.0?)
- Slightly bigger lens construction than you get on the Sony RX1 series.
- lens is autofocus