Fujifilm has announced the XF 10-24mm f/4 R OIS wide-angle lens for Fujifilm X-mount cameras. It offers an angle of view equivalent to 15-36mm on full frame, and incorporates optical image stabilisation to reduce blur at slow shutter speeds when shooting hand-held. It also has an aperture control ring on the barrel, and is compatible with the company’s Lens Modulation Optimizer function that promises more detailed out-of-camera JPEG images when shooting at small apertures.
Fujifilm XF 10-24mm f/4 R OIS lens price – $999.95
|Support Cameraegg, Buy from one of our affiliate retailers, Thanks !|
|Fuji XF 10-24mm f/4 R OIS||Amazon | B&H | Adorama | ebay|
|Lens type||Zoom lens|
|Max Format size||APS-C / DX|
|Focal length||10–24 mm|
|Lens mount||Fujifilm X|
|Number of diaphragm blades||7|
|Special elements / coatings||4 aspherical elements, 3 extra low dispersion glass elements|
|Minimum focus||0.24 m (9.45″)|
|Motor type||Stepper motor|
|Full time manual||Yes|
|Weight||410 g (0.90 lb)|
|Diameter||78 mm (3.07″)|
|Length||87 mm (3.43″)|
|Materials||Metal barrel, metal mount|
|Zoom method||Rotary (internal)|
|Filter thread||72 mm|
|Filter notes||Does not rotate on focusing|
Key features on the Fujinon XF 10-24mm lens
- Newly designed optical system with 4 high-precision aspherical lenses and 3 extra low dispersion glass lenses which maximize performance of the X-Trans sensor.
- A powerful Optical Image Stabilisation function which boosts the ability to work handheld when shooting in low light.
- Ghosting is minimized by Fujifilm’s unique HT-EBC* multi-layer coating that is applied to all sides of Fujinon lenses.
- An additional newly developed coating has been added to the reverse side of the front lens in the XF10-24 composition to further reduce the ghosting that typically occurs when using deep concave lenses.
- Enhanced resolving power at all apertures when used in-conjunction with an X-series camera** that incorporates a Lens Modulation Optimizer (LMO) function.
- Seven-blade aperture diaphragm that helps to create smooth and round bokeh effects.
- The ability to shoot at an aperture of F4.0 from the lens’ ultra-wide 15mm focal length to its longest at 36mm.
- A minimum working distance of 24cm means that with macro photography you can capture both the small foreground detail and the wider surroundings to give your subject greater context.
- Its high-speed AF is achieved via its inner focusing system which drives smaller lenses in the middle or rear lens groups without moving the larger lenses in the front lens groups
- Thanks to light weight internal lenses and the addition of a stepping motor, the XF10-24mm lens is also very quiet to use.
- With its precision-made, responsive, and finely-tuned metal aperture and focus rings, you are ensured a superb handling experience.
Fujifilm XF 10-24mm f/4 R OIS lens will be available in March 2014.