Along with the Fujifilm X-S10 camera ( Amazon/ B&H/ Adorama), Fujifilm has also officially announced the new Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS WR lens. It is a premium ultra-wide angle lens for the company’s X system mirrorless cameras, featuring the same optical formula as its predecessor, adding weather sealing to protect against dust and moisture , optical image stabilization, an angle of view equivalent to 15-36mm on full frame. This new lens costs $999, available for pre-order at Amazon/ B&H/ Adorama. It will start shipping during 2020 Black Friday Shopping Season.
- Wide-angle zoom is designed for FUJIFILM X-mount mirrorless cameras and provides a 15-36mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/4 maximum aperture offers consistent performance throughout the zoom range and also helps to realize a relatively compact and lightweight design.
- Four extra-low dispersion elements are used to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce high clarity and color fidelity throughout the zoom range.
- Four aspherical elements control distortion and spherical aberrations, which helps to improve sharpness and realize more accurate rendering.
- Super EBC coating has been applied to individual elements to reduce lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Stepping motor, along with an internal focusing design, affords fast and near-silent autofocus performance that benefits both stills and video applications.
- Optical image stabilization minimizes the appearance of camera shake by 3.5 stops to better enable handheld shooting with slower shutter speeds.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out-of-focus quality to benefit the use of selective focus and shallow depth of field techniques.
- Updated physical design incorporates a locking ‘A’ position on the aperture ring, along with a labeled f/stop scale, and both the aperture and focus rings have been reduced in size to help lessen overall the weight by 0.9 oz compared to the previous version of this focal length.
- Weather-resistant design prevents dust and moisture from entering the lens and to enable worry-free use in inclement conditions and freezing temperatures as low as 14°F.
|Lens type||Zoom lens|
|Max Format size||APS-C / DX|
|Focal length||10–24 mm|
|CIPA Image stabilization rating||3.5 stop(s)|
|Lens mount||Fujifilm X|
|Number of diaphragm blades||7|
|Special elements / coatings||4 aspherical elements, 3 extra low dispersion glass elements|
|Minimum focus||0.24 m (9.45″)|
|Motor type||Stepper motor|
|Full time manual||Yes|
|Weight||385 g (0.85 lb)|
|Materials||Metal barrel, metal mount|
|Zoom method||Rotary (internal)|
|Filter thread||72 mm|
|Filter notes||Does not rotate on focusing|
|SUPPORT CAMERAEGG, BUY FROM ONE OF OUR AFFILIATE RETAILERS, THANKS !|
|Fujifilm X-S10||Check Price||Amazon/ B&H/ Adorama|
|XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS WR||Check Price||Amazon/ B&H/ Adorama|
Read More Fujifilm Lens Rumors