The new RF mount will be very extremely impressive as Canon said in the interview. Now Canon has just filed three new wide-angle zoom RF lens patents for Canon EOS R (B&H/Amazon/Adorama/Focus Camera/WEX/ParkCamera) full frame mirrorless system. These three lens patents are: Canon RF 14-21mm f/1.4L Lens, Canon RF 12-20mm f/2L Lens, Canon RF 16-35mm f/2.8L Lens.
Lensvid has a new Photokina 2018 inteview with Mike Burnhill from Canon Europe. Mike Burnhill has talked a lot about the new Canon EOS R (B&H Photo Video/Amazon/Adorama/Focus Camera/WEX/ParkCamera) and RF lenses. The interesting part are here:
- Canon will focus on RF lenses next.
- No new EF lenses to be released in 2019 (Which means EF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS will coming in 2020)
- Canon promised to release the “holy trinity” of RF mount lenses in 2019 (24-70mm, 70-200mm, 16-35mm, likely be f/2.8).
- Canon also said EOS R is not targeted for pro shooters
- A high-end level EOS R Pro mirrorless camera will probably have a dual card slot, IBIS, fast shooting speed, 4K Video 10bit 4:2:2 internally and more.