According to Tetsuro Goto:
He said they are working on the Nikon Df successor Df 2. But will not coming soon, so if you need Df, just buy it now. Below are some notes from Tetsuro Goto about upcoming Nikon Df 2:
- Df 2 is in developing
- Df 2 will be much thinner and smaller
- Df 2 will have a lot of improvement than original Df
- There could be two version of Df successor, one use D5 sensor, the other use D850 sensor
- Df 2 is not near, so just buy Df if you need.
- Nikon’s new mirrorless camera should be full frame mirrorless, because full frame is a trend
- Nikon will have their own design on their new full frame mirrorless cameras.
You can read full interview at Xitek.