The Canon EOS Ra astrophotography full frame mirrorless camera now officially announced, the US price for Canon EOS Ra body is $2,499, now available for pre-order at Adorama/B&H Photo Video/Amazon, release date is in early December, 2019.
- 30.3 Megapixel Full-frame CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 8 Image Processor
- Modified Filter for Enhanced Night Sky Recording
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF with 5,655 Manually Selectable AF Positions
- RF Mount Compatible with RF Lenses and EF/EF-S Lenses* (with Optional Mount Adapter EF-EOS R)
- 4K 30p with Canon Log and 10-bit 4:2:2 HDMI Output
- Built-in EVF with 3.69 Million Dots, Vari-angle Touchscreen LCD and Dot-matrix LCD Panel
- Sophistication in a Lightweight, Compact Size
- High Magnification Ratio of 30x in Live View
- Impressive Durability
- Silent Shutter
- USB Charge Compatible
Canon’s first full-frame mirrorless camera dedicated to deep sky and night sky photography
Capture the intricacies of a starry night sky with the new EOS Ra camera — Canon’s first full-frame mirrorless camera dedicated to deep sky and night sky photography. Building on the success of the EOS R, the EOS Ra offers 30x magnification in both the viewfinder and in Live View shooting for more accurate focus.
Modified Filter for Enhanced Night Sky Recording
Positioned in front of the CMOS imaging sensor, The EOS Ra’s infrared-cutting filter is modified to permit approximately 4x as much transmission of hydrogen alpha rays at the 656nm wavelength, vs. standard EOS R cameras. This allows for a higher transmission of deep red infrared rays emitted by nebulae, without requiring any other specialized optics or accessories.