Tokina has announced the new Tokina AT-X 11-20mm f/2.8 PRO DX lens in Japan. This lens is available for Canon and Nikon mount. Designed for APS-C and DX format cameras, This lens was first shown on Photokina 2014 in September. The Japanese price for this lens JPY 100,000, this is around $800 in US. You can check price of this lens at B&H Photo Video. First shipment will be around February, 2015.
- Compatible with Nikon DX-format DSLRs, this wide-angle zoom provides a 16.5-30mm equivalent focal length and features a constant f/2.8 maximum aperture for consistent low-light performance throughout the zoom range.
- One P-MO aspherical element in the front group pairs with a glass-molded aspherical element in the rear group to minimize distortions and correct aberrations. Additionally, three SD ultra-low dispersion elements are also incorporated within the lens design to further reduce chromatic aberrations for greater color accuracy and clarity.
- Multi-layer lens coatings reduce lens flare and ghosting for greater contrast and maintained color fidelity.
- A one-touch focus clutch mechanism permits seamless switching between autofocus and manual focusing positions, and the focusing ring features a moderate amount of torque for more fine-tuned control over the focusing position.
- An internal focusing mechanism maintains the overall lens form factor during operation.
- A nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth out-of-focus quality, which benefits the use of shallow depth of field techniques.
|Focal Length||11 – 20mm
Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 17.6 – 32 mm
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF / Nikon F|
|Format Compatibility||APS-C / DX|
|Angle of View||104.34° – 72.42°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||11.02″ (28 cm)|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:8.62|
|Filter Thread||Front:82 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.50 x 3.62″ (89 x 92 mm)|
|Weight||1.23 lb (560 g)|