Sony USA also said in the email:
Sony will soon unveil a new online product showcase and more ways to shop.
From Sony USA:
1. How do I access my order history?
Through October 2, 2015, you can visit our Order Detail page to see the status of your order. If you have additional questions or concerns about your order, please e-mail us email@example.com or call us toll free at 877-865-7669. Please be sure to register your Sony product at www.esupport.sony.com for ongoing technical and warranty assistance.
2. Where can I get help on my order?
3. Is the order that I placed before August 29, 2015 “final sale” or is it returnable?
Orders on our site will follow the normal return policy. Please see our return policy for more details.
4. I have one or more orders on backorder. Will I still receive my backorder?
Online backorders for which inventory is unavailable as of August 28, 2015 will be cancelled. Customers will receive an email of this cancellation. Please contact a Sony Authorized Dealer for inventory availability in your area.
5. How do I purchase an extended warranty service plan?
Extended warranty plans can be purchased until the last date of online sales which is August 28, 2015. After this date, we recommend you purchase an extended warranty plan from a Sony Authorized Dealer.
6. What happens to my previously purchased extended warranty service plan?
Your purchased extended warranty service plans will still be valid for the life of the plan.
7. Does the product I purchase before store.sony.com site closure still have a limited warranty?
Yes, the products will still come with limited warranty. Your product’s warranty details are included in the box.
Returns / Exchanges
8. How do I return my Sony online purchase?
Please see our return policy.
9. How do I get assistance with my product under the limited warranty?
If your product is valid for service within the limited warranty period, please contact 800-222-7669 for assistance.
10. Can I exchange an order?
You can return a product and purchase a new product until the last date of online sales which is August 28, 2015.
11. How do I return or get a refund on a product?
To return or refund an order, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us toll free at 877-865-7669.
12. How do I redeem my gift card?
Gift cards can be redeemed through 1 pm PST on 8/28. After that date, you will be able to transfer your gift card balance. More details will be posted on the gift card transfer after 1pm PST on 8/28.
13. What happens to my Sony Rewards points?
Your Sony Rewards points balance stays intact, even when the Sony Store online website closes down. You will not lose any accumulated Sony Rewards points, and will still be able to earn and redeem Sony Rewards points.
14. How will I still be able to earn and redeem Sony Rewards points?
Sony Rewards members can still enjoy earning points – whether purchasing your favorite PlayStation game, streaming your favorite movie or music, registering your Blu-Ray Discs or DVDs, or uploading your ticket stubs from the latest movies.
And, members can redeem points for great rewards including the latest game titles, hottest tunes from your favorite artists, exclusive VIP experiences and more! To check out our Sony Rewards catalog of rewards, or for more information, visit www.sonyrewards.com
15. Where can I apply for a Sony Card?
You can apply for a Sony Card at www.sonycard.com.
16. Where can I use my Sony Card?
Your Sony Card is similar to any credit card. You can still get 5 extra points for purchasing a Sony product through a Sony Authorized Dealer. See www.sonycard.com for more details.
17. If I financed my purchase through Sony, what happens with my payments?
There are no changes to your existing obligation to Synchrony Bank.
18. Where can I use my Sony Financing?
Please contact Synchrony Bank for a list of participating retailers.
19. Will I still get my Sony newsletters?
Yes, you will still get the Sony newsletters with details on savings and promotions.
20. Can I still get a 10% student discount?
Thank you for your interest, but we will no longer be honoring a 10% student discount after our last sale date of August 28, 2015.
21. Can a business still buy from Sony using a purchase-order?
The last date of Sony Store online business sales is August 28, 2015. After this date, businesses should contact a Sony Authorized Dealer to place orders.
22. Where are Sony stores?
All Sony Stores have been closed, except our showroom on Park Ave. in New York City. We apologize for the inconvenience, and ask you visit one of our Sony Authorized Dealers to purchase our great products.
23. Where do I buy Sony products in the future?
Please visit one of our Sony Authorized Dealers.
24. Where will I get information about new Sony products in the future?
Sony will still be developing great products. Please visit www.sony.com for product information and where to purchase.
25. What is going to happen to my personal information?