According to latest interview with Sony manager Kenji Tanaka by dpreview. The upcoming Sony a7S III requires a lot of work and time, and Sony will release new APS-C models soon. We already know these from previous Sony interview. See the detail of this interview:
- Sony will create products for all kinds of photography. One by one, we want to expand.
- Sony don’t care about competitors, they care about the customers.
- Sony currently are focus on Full Frame market and APS-C market, they have no plan on medium format mirrorless cameras.
- Sony will release new APS-C mirrorless lenses next, APS-C market is also very important.
- Sony will create new models in the APS-C market, but need to ask customers what kind of models they want.
- a7 III will get price dropped in some day, and a7 III availability is still very low now, it need time.
- Sony is working on a7S III, but need time to release it. Some aS III features could be 4K/60p, 4:2:2 10-bit, and of course more battery power, increased AF accuracy – many things!
- Sony is planning upgrades AI features to existing models, and of course future models that will contain new AI features.”
You can read full interview at dpreview.