Sigma has officially announced the new Sigma 105mm F2.8 DG DN Macro Art lens for Sony E-mount and Leica L-mount mirrorless cameras, featuring a new optical formula comprising 17 elements in 12 groups, including one SLD (Special Low Dispersion) element, a 14cm (5.5″) working distance, an aperture ring that functions either clicked or de-clicked, and a three-zone focus limiting switch and dust- and splash-proof. This new lens costs $799, available for pre-order at B&H/ Adorama.
Sigma 105mm F2.8 DG DN Art Macro Lens key features:
- As part of the Art line within Sigma’s Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve truly notable optical performance and is ideally suited for creative and artistic applications.
- Short-telephoto prime is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras but can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 157.5mm equivalent focal length.
- One Special Low Dispersion (SLD) element markedly reduces chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- True macro design affords a life-size 1:1 maximum magnification along with an 11.6″ minimum focusing distance, and a 5.5″ minimum working distance, to suit working with close-up subjects.
- The integrated HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) realizes quick and quiet autofocus performance, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance. The HSM also permits full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time.
- Focus limiter switch can be used to constrain the focusing range within three zones for faster, more responsive performance: 11.6″ to 1.6′, 1.6′ to infinity, and 11.6″ to infinity.
- Manual aperture ring can be de-clicked for smooth, silent aperture switching to benefit video applications. Additionally, a dedicated aperture ring lock switch can also be employed to prevent accidental shifting of the aperture setting.
- Built-in Autofocus-Lock (AFL) button which can be assigned additional functions widens the range of operations available on the lens.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Weather-resistant construction with a brass bayonet that affords improved mounting accuracy and rigidity.
|SUPPORT CAMERAEGG, BUY FROM ONE OF OUR AFFILIATE RETAILERS, THANKS !|
|Sigma 14-24mm F2.8 DG DN A||Check price||Amazon/ B&H/ Adorama|
|Sigma 35mm F1.2 DG DN A||Check Price||Amazon/ B&H/ Adorama|
|Sigma 45mm F2.8 DG DN C||Check Price||Amazon/ B&H/ Adorama
|Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 DG DN A||Check Price||Amazon/ B&H/ Adorama
|Sigma 100-400 DG DN OS C||Check Price||Amazon/B&H/ Adorama|
|Sigma 85mm F1.4 DG DN A||Check Price||B&H/ Adorama/ Amazon|
|Sigma 105mm F2.8 DG DN A Macro||Check Price||B&H/ Adorama|
Read more Sigma Lens Rumors
See also 2020 Sigma Lens Deals