Canon Japan has filed a new patent on curved sensor for their cameras. Currently in development, using a magnetic system to deform the sensor.
Patent Publication No. 2016-173496 (Google Translated/Egami)
- Published 2016.9.29
- Filing date 2015.3.17
- However, generally a dark current is generated by the image sensor, especially since the time of or during long exposure sensitivity is sometimes noise due to dark current are noticeable, various noise reduction process is performed. On the other hand, the imaging surface imaging element is curved in the imaging element curved dark current generated by the imaging device is known to be reduced by the tensile stress at the time of the.
- Curving the imaging surface drive means
- Driving means magnetic force
- Curvature of dark current noise is reduced
- Curvature priority to the correction of the curvature of field aberration
Read also: Canon Black Friday 2016