D700 Firmware Update A 1.03, B 1.02
Nikon D700 firmware v1.03 released today, as the post mentioned before.
Modifications enabled in v1.03
An issue that, in some very rare cases, caused images to be extremely under-exposed has been resolved.
And you can download this version here.
Firmware Upgrade Instructions
If you are comfortable with the process to upgrade your camera, use the basic instructions. If you require more support, use the detailed step by step instructions which contain helpful images linked below.
Basic Firmware Upgrade Instructions
Power the camera from AC adapter unit or use a fully charged battery.
Create a new folder with an appropriate name on your computer’s hard drive.
- Download the Windows (.EXE) or Macintosh (.DMG) file from the links at the bottom of this page to the folder created in step 1.
- Run the downloaded file to create a folder called D700Update which contains the firmware D700_0103.bin file.
- Use a card reader or similar device to copy the D700_0103.bin file to the root directory of a formatted memory card.
- Insert the memory card into the camera’s memory card slot and turn on the camera.
- Select Firmware version from the camera’s setup menu and follow instructions displayed to upgrade the firmware.
*If the D700 B firmware is already version 1.02, “1.02” will be displayed for both “Current” and “New”.
- After the upgrade is complete, turn the camera off and remove the memory card.
- Access the Firmware version item in the camera’s setup menu to confirm that the firmware has been upgraded.