Nikon has just released a new firmware update version 1.30 for Nikon D5 DSLR camera. The new firmware is available for download at Nikon USA.
Changes in this firmware update:
- Added Recall shooting functions to the functions that can be assigned to camera controls. Holding the selected control recalls previously-saved exposure settings (including shutter speed and aperture), a feature that can for example be used to switch rapidly between scenes that require different exposures.
- Recall shooting functions can be assigned to the following controls using Custom Setting f1 (Custom control assignment): Preview button, Fn1 button, Fn2 button, AF-ON button, Sub-selector center, AF-ON button for vertical shooting, and Lens focus function buttons. It can also be assigned to the Fn button on a WR-1 or WR-T10 remote control using the Assign remote (WR) Fn button option in the SETUP MENU.
- For more information, see the addenda to the User’s Manual available from the Nikon Download Center (Nikon Download Center > D5 > Manuals > Supplementary Firmware Update Manual).
- • Fixed the following issues:
- – If Backup or RAW Slot 1 – JPEG Slot 2 was selected for PHOTO SHOOTING MENU > Role played by card in Slot 2 in http server mode, the shutter would sometimes not be released during burst shooting.
- – Reactivating the standby timer would sometimes fail to re-establish the link between the camera and some makes of mobile router connected via Ethernet cable (Prioritize power saving selected for SETUP MENU > Network > Options > Power saving).
- • The focal lengths displayed when teleconverters for AF-S or AF-I lenses are attached have been updated as follows:
Lens focal length Teleconverter Before update After update 400 mm 1.4× 550 mm 560 mm 400 mm 1.7× 650 mm 680 mm 800 mm 1.4× 1150 mm 1120 mm 800 mm 1.7× 1350 mm 1360 mm
- The focal length displays for some combinations of lenses and teleconverters may differ from those given above.
- • The SETUP MENU > Time zone and date > Time zone display now shows only the names of major cities in the currently selected zone.