The Fujifilm X-M1 now officially announced, a compact-bodied mirrorless camera that features a rather different design to its previous models. Instead of ‘traditional’ shutter speed and exposure compensation dials, the X-M1 uses twin electronic control dials to change exposure parameters. It has a tilting 920k dot 3″ LCD screen but no eye-level viewfinder, and uses the same 16MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS sensor as the X-Pro1 and X-E1. It comes with a new kit zoom, the XC 16-50mm F3.6-5.6 OIS that offers a 24-75mm equivalent range and optical stabilisation, but has no aperture ring.
Fujifilm X-M1 Price
Fujifilm X-M1 body only Price – $699.00.
Where to Buy Fujifilm X-M1
|B&H Photo Video||Buy Now|
Fujifilm X-M1 Features and Specifications
- 16.3MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS Sensor
- By enhancing aperiodicity (randomness) in the array arrangement, the X-Trans CMOS sensor’s color filter minimizes generation of both moire and false colors, eliminating the necessity for an optical low-pass filter and enabling X-Trans CMOS sensor to capture full “unfiltered” lens performance. The EXR Processor Pro is supported by an integrated co-processor for higher speed and higher precision image processing performance.
- X Mount
- Taking full advantage of the mirrorless design, the mount boasts a short 17.7mm flange back distance, a wider opening, and deeper mounting of the lens, resulting in reduced back focus distance while achieving high resolution throughout the image area. When an X-mount lens is mounted, all lens information is instantly communicated to the body, integrating them into a seamless, responsive instrument.
- 3.0″ 920k-Dot Tilt LCD Monitor
- Compose and playback your photos and videos on this LCD with special anti-reflective coating that reduces glare and is resistant to stains, smudges and water. A large and high resolution screen, it is capable of tilting up and down for easier odd-angle shooting.
- Full HD 1080p Video with Stereo Sound
- Capture the action in Full HD movies (1920 x 1080/30p). In addition to full auto exposure, you can also shoot with aperture priority AE. Taking full advantage of the bright XF lenses, you can also capture movies with a beautiful defocused background. Later with plug-and-play ease, you can connect directly to your HDTV with an HDMI cable and share your movies complete with stereo audio.
- Built-in Wi-Fi Connectivity
- With integrated Wi-Fi you can link your camera to your smartphone to transfer and back-up images and using Fuji’s Photo Receiver App it’s possible to send your photos to friends’ smartphones the moment you take them. Geotagging is also supported with the wireless connection.
- Focal Plane Shutter
- The X-M1 is designed with a focal plane shutter that sits immediately in front of the sensor and can provide the camera with fast shutter speeds, up to 1/4000 second.
- Film Simulation Modes
- The X-M1 can simulate the color and tonal qualities of acclaimed films including the natural look of PROVIA, the saturated colors of Velvia and the beautiful skin tones of ASTIA. Film Simulation mode makes it simple to capture the expressive color quality of the rich legacy of Fujifilm photo film technology. There are 10 Film Simulation Modes: PROVIA, Velvia, ASTIA, PRO Neg Hi, PRO Neg. Std., Monochrome, Monochrome+Ye Filter, Monochrome+R Filter, Monochrome+G Filter and Sepia.
- QuickStart Mode
- QuickStart Mode will power-up your camera and have you ready to shoot in as little as 0.5 seconds. Never miss a shot because you were ready but your camera wasn’t. When QuickStart mode is turned off, camera will start in approximately 1.0 second.
- Auto Bracketing
- Auto Bracketing is a way to make sure you get the correctly exposed shot by shooting three continuous shots at slightly different levels. You can set Auto Bracketing for: AE Bracketing (+-1/3EV, +-2/3EV, +1EV); Film Simulation Bracketing (Any three types of film simulation selectable); Dynamic Range Bracketing (100%, 200%, 400%) and ISO Sensitivity Bracketing (+-1/3EV, +-2/3EV, +1EV).
- JPEG and RAW Capture
- Shoot in JPG or RAW and enjoy in-camera processing of the RAW files. The built-in RAW data converter lets you view results in the field without first transferring the data to your computer. This easy-to-use feature not only takes into account exposure compensation, white balance and other in-camera image quality settings, but also lets you apply Film Simulation modes in the converter mode.
- High Speed Contrast Autofocus
- Thanks to the high speed X-Trans CMOS sensor and newly developed EXR Processor Pro, contrast detection has improved and the X-M1 can autofocus in as little as 0.1 seconds and continuous high-speed shooting of up to 5.6 frames per second will allow you to capture fast-moving subjects. Autofocus is TTL Contrast AF with an available AF assist illuminator. AF Frame selection offers Area Frame with 49 areas and Multi Frame with 5 frame types.
- Built-in Flash and Hot Shoe Mount
- The X-M1 provides a built-in pop-up flash and a hot shoe mount and TTL (Through the Lens) Flash Sync. Maximum sync speed for flash is 1/180th of a second.
- External Microphone
- A 2.5 mm input jack provides a connection for an external microphone for stereo sound when shooting video. That same jack can be used for a remote shutter release cable.
- Multiple Exposure
- The X-M1 can simulate Multiple Exposure Film Technique. Just select Multiple Exposure mode and take your first shot. Next, while viewing the first image, you can frame and shoot the second exposure. This ability to precisely position and focus the second shot lets you not only see how the finished Multiple Exposure image will look, but also explore other creative photographic possibilities.
- Photography Functions
- Face Detection, Auto Red-eye Removal, Setting (Color, Sharpness, D-range, Gradation), Multiple exposure, Depth of Field display, Histogram display, Framing guideline, Frame No. memory, Monitor Sunlight mode, Focus Peak Highlight, Date stamp, Fn button setting.
- Playback Functions
- RAW conversion, Image rotate, Auto image rotate, Red-eye reduction, Photobook assist, Erase selected frames, Image search, Multi-frame playback (with micro thumbnail), Slide show, Mark for upload, Protect, Crop, Resize, Favorites.
- Other Functions
- PictBridge, Exif Print, Language Selection, Time Difference, Quick Start Mode, Silent Mode
- Advanced Filters
- Toy camera, Miniature, Pop color, High-key, Low-key, Dynamic tone, Soft focus, Partial color (Red/Orange/Yellow/Green/Blue/Purple）
- Magnesium Alloy Body
- The magnesium alloy body provides not only classic good looks but durability. The design of the X-M1 with on-body controls and dials is not only user-friendly but helps give the camera its retro flair.
|Lens type||Zoom lens|
|Max Format size||APS-C / DX|
|Focal length||16–50 mm|
|Lens mount||Fujifilm X|
|Maximum aperture||F3.5 – F5.6|
|Number of diaphragm blades||7|
|Aperture notes||Rounded diaphragm|
|Special elements / coatings||3 aspherical elements, 1 extra low dispersion element|
|Minimum focus||0.40 m (15.75″)|
|Maximum magnification||0.15 x|
|Motor type||Stepper motor|
|Full time manual||Yes|
|Weight||195 g (0.43 lb)|
|Diameter||63 mm (2.46″)|
|Length||65 mm (2.57″)|
|Materials||Plastic barrel, plastic mount|
|Zoom method||Rotary (extending)|
|Filter thread||58 mm|
|Filter notes||Does not rotate on focusing|