Fujifilm has announced the X-A1, its most basic X-mount mirrorless camera yet. The X-A1 shares a body with the X-M1 but is based around a 16MP sensor with a conventional, Bayer color filter array, rather than the X-Trans design that’s been used elsewhere. Despite its lowly position in the lineup, the X-A1 retains the 920k-dot tilting rear screen and Wi-Fi offered by the X-M1, yet is being launched with an MSRP of $599 with the XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS standard zoom – $100 cheaper than the X-M1 cost at its launch.
Fujifilm X-A1 Price
Fujifilm X-A1 Price – $599.00.
Where to Buy Fujifilm X-A1
|B&H Photo Video||Buy Now|
Fujifilm X-A1 Features and Specifications
- 16.3MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and EXR Processor II
- A large APS-C-sized 16.3 megapixel CMOS sensor and EXR Processor II work together to produce high-resolution still imagery and video with notable low-light quality and extended sensitivity to ISO 25600. The processor works to provide quick performance throughout the camera, including a top continuous shooting rate of 5.6 fps, start-up time of 0.5 seconds, shutter lag time of 0.05 seconds, and a shooting interval time of 0.7 seconds. Additionally, the sensor lends itself to producing full HD 1080p videos at 30 fps and a built-in stereo microphone is used to record clear audio.
- Camera Design
- The compact and lightweight profile of the X-A1 makes it ideal for everyday use while the intuitive layout, which integrates an array of physical controls, enables efficient handling and control over crucial camera settings. A physical mode dial on the top of the camera allows for simplified selecting of shooting modes while the Q Menu shortcut button provides direct access to some of the most frequently used camera and exposure settings. Facilitating menu navigation, as well as live view monitoring and image playback is a large, bright 3.0″ 920k-dot LCD monitor that utilizes a tilting design to better support working from both high and low angles. Also incorporated into the camera’s design are both a pop-up flash and a hot shoe to support the use of external flashes or other shoe-mounted accessories.
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Wireless connectivity is built into the camera and allows for instant sharing of images directly to an Android or iOS mobile device. The Fujifilm Camera App allows you to browse the image contents of your camera from your mobile device and transfer both HD videos and up to 30 photos at a time between devices.
- Fujifilm XC 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OIS Lens
- Included with the X-A1 is the XC 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OIS lens, which is a standard zoom lens that provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 24-76mm, covering wide-angle to portrait-length perspectives to suit working in a wide array of situations. Benefitting this lens’ reach is optical image stabilization, which works to minimize the appearance of camera shake to support working in low-light conditions and with greater zoom magnifications. A high-precision stepping motor is also incorporated into the lens to provide smooth and fast focusing performance that is well-suited to working with moving subjects and for video applications. Three aspherical and one extra-low dispersion element are integrated into the optical design to minimize chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range as well as contribute to high overall image sharpness and clarity. Super EBC (Electron Beam Coating) has also been applied to individual elements to further reduce ghosting and flare for optimized contrast and color neutrality.
- Film Simulation and Advanced Filters
- Taking advantage of Fujifilm’s vast history in traditional film-based photography, the X-A1 integrates several Film Simulation modes to mimic the look and feel of some Fujifilm’s classic reversal film types: PROVIA offers natural-looking tones for everyday shooting, VELVIA produces a more dramatic and rich tonality with deeper color saturation, and ASTIA gives less contrast for a softer depiction of skin tones. Additionally, Black & White and Sepia modes are also available for a classic, monochromatic appearance. Eight Advanced Filters are also integrated for further aesthetic enhancement of your photographs: Pop Color, Toy Camera, Miniature, High Key, Low Key, Partial Color, Dynamic Tone, and Soft Focus.
- Other Camera Features
- The Advanced SR Auto function automatically recognizes the scene type being photographed and then optimizes exposure settings to best render the specific situation.
- In-camera RAW processing lets you record your images in the uncompressed RAW file format and process them prior to computer-based editing procedures. This enables you to modify the exposure, white balance, and other controls directly through the menu interface.
- Multiple exposure mode gives you the ability to overlay subsequently-recorded images in-camera.
- The built-in pop-up flash utilizes Super Intelligent Flash technology, in combination with scene recognition, to automatically control the flash strength to clearly render subjects with reduced highlight clipping.
|Body type||Rangefinder-style mirrorless|
|Max resolution||4896 x 3264|
|Other resolutions||S: (3:2) 2496 x 1664 / (16:9) 2496 x 1408 / (1:1) 1664 x 1664|
|Image ratio w:h||1:1, 3:2, 16:9|
|Effective pixels||16 megapixels|
|Sensor photo detectors||17 megapixels|
|Sensor size||APS-C (23.6 x 15.6 mm)|
|Processor||EXR Processor II|
|ISO||AUTO / Equivalent to ISO200 – 6400 (Standard Output Sensitivity)|
|White balance presets||7|
|Custom white balance||Yes|
|Image stabilization notes||Supported with OIS type lens|
|JPEG quality levels||Fine, Normal|
|Optics & Focus|
|Autofocus assist lamp||AF assist illuminator available|
|Number of focus points||49|
|Lens mount||Fujifilm X|
|Focal length multiplier||1.5×|
|Screen / viewfinder|
|Screen type||TFT LCD|
|Minimum shutter speed||30 sec|
|Maximum shutter speed||1/4000 sec|
|Built-in flash||Yes (Manual pop-up flash)|
|Flash range||7.00 m (ISO200m)|
|External flash||Yes (dedicated TTL Flash compatible)|
|Flash modes||Auto / Forced Flash / Suppressed Flash / Slow Synchro / Rear-curtain Synchro / Commander|
|Flash X sync speed||1/180 sec|
|Continuous drive||Yes (5.6 fps)|
|Self-timer||Yes (10 sec. / 2 sec.)|
|Exposure compensation||±2 (at 1/3 EV steps)|
|AE Bracketing||±1 (3 frames at 1/3 EV, 2/3 EV, 1 EV steps)|
|Resolutions||1920 x 1080 30p, Continuous recording: up to approx. 14 min./1280 x 720 30p, Continuous recording: up to approx. 27 min.|
|Storage types||SD memory card / SDHC memory card / SDXC (UHS-I) memory card|
|USB||USB 2.0 (480 Mbit/sec)|
|HDMI||Yes (Mini HDMI Type C)|
|Wireless notes||Geotagging setup, Image transfer (Individual image / Selected multiple images), View & Obtain Images, PC Autosave|
|Remote control||Yes (RR-90 (sold separately))|
|Battery description||NP-W126 battery and BC-W126 charger|
|Battery Life (CIPA)||350|
|Weight (inc. batteries)||330 g (0.73 lb / 11.64 oz)|
|Dimensions||117 x 67 x 39 mm (4.60 x 2.62 x 1.54″)|