Fujfilm has just announced the instax SQUARE SQ20 today. instax SQUARE SQ20 is a sophisticated square format hybrid instant film camera that combines digital imaging technology with square film prints. The US price for instax SQUARE SQ20 is $199, release date on October 20th, 2018. Check pre-order options at Amazon/Adorama/B&H Photo.
As a hybrid instant camera, equipped with a digital image sensor and digital image processing technology, the SQ20 offers users the ability to select their favorite images to print. Users can even edit and apply various filters. Using the 1:1 aspect ratio, instax SQUARE film allows for more capture of the scene in a single photo, delivering exceptional image quality with numerous artistic expressions.
“We are excited to bring the new instax SQUARE SQ20 to the market”, said Manny Almeida, President of the Imaging Division at FUJIFILM North America Corporation. “This hybrid instant camera allows for a wide variety of photographic expressions applied to the same image, providing people an opportunity to expand their creative capabilities with instax more than ever before.”
New Features Added for Enhanced Image Capture
For the first time in instax instant photography, the SQ20 introduces the motion mode. Utilizing a dial on the back of the camera, users can take a video of up to 15 seconds and choose the best moment of a moving subject to print, which can often times be difficult to capture.
The new time shift collage function lets SQ20 users take 4 images at one time with a time difference by pushing a single button. The time difference between images can be personalized and adjusted by 0.2 seconds up to 2.0 seconds. The sequence filter offers the ability to capture dynamic images, adding a dreamy feel to the image. For added usability when taking selfies, a small mirror is located next to the lens to ensure accurate capture. Further, group photos are made easy with the SQ20’s built in timer.
Choose Which Image to Print & Edit before Printing
With this hybrid instant camera, photographers at all levels can select the images they would like to print and even edit pictures. The SQ20 has 16 different filters that can be applied to both still images and videos.
Available in Two Stylish Colors
Stylish and easy-to-hold, the SQ20 is available in two color options–matte black and glossy beige–making for a chic shooting companion.
Shooting Modes for Various Photographic Expressions
With its special shooting modes, the SQ20 achieves added creative possibilities. With double exposure,users can superimpose two images on a single film by simply pressing the shutter button twice. Bulb exposure mode is used to capture long exposures at night as well as light trails, while the split mode allows for two images to print on a single film.
Instax SQUARE SQ20 Key Features:
- Available in two colors, Matte Black and Glossy Beige.
- Compatible with FUJIFILM instax SQUARE film (purchased separately).
- 2.7” TFT color LCD monitor with 230K dots resolution.
- Image size – 62mm x 62mm.
- Supported image format – JPEG.
- Images taken and edited / processed can be saved in the internal memory (approx. 50 stillimages and 30 seconds for video) or on microSD \ micro SDHC card slot (sold separately).
- 33.4mm fixed focal length (35mm format equivalent) with 4.0 x Digital Zoom
- F2.4 aperture.
- Auto focus system – single AF (contrast detect TTL, equipped with AF illuminator); continuous AF (only for video).
- Auto / compulsory flash / suppressed flash with effective range of approx. 50cm to 2m.
- Reprints are possible up to the last 50 prints.
- Lithium ion battery (built-in), with built-in charging function.
- Approx. 3-4 hours to fully charge (using 0.5 A USB port).
- Printing capacity of up to 100 prints when battery is fully charged.