Several days ago, rumors from SAR said that Sony will update their FE lens roadmap with 6 new FE lenses in late this week or early next week, most readers take this just a rumor. Now, we are now 100% sure Sony will release 7 more new FE lenses within next 8 months (Before end of Spring, 2016). Update: Most readers think that we are just making a new rumor based on SAR rumor last several days ago, we heared this confirmation of 7 new FE lenses is from a Sony Tester, and he is told by Sony mananger about this news, so this is not the same rumor as SAR.
Source didn’t tell us which lenses are coming, but said most of these 7 new FE lenses will be daily used large aperture lenses to complete the Sony FE lens line. Which lenses do you think will coming first, you can comment below.
Update 2, here is Chinese Text that from Sony Tester we got, thanks readers send us:
About FE series of new lenses, for confidentiality reasons, I can not tell you that there are a few pieces of the lens will be released, but I’m sure Sony in this fiscal year (ending in April next year) will be released 7 new lenses.
Currently, there are 15 Sony FE lenses already released or announced:
- Zeiss Batis 25mm f/2
- Sony FE 28mm f/2
- Sony Distagon T* FE 35mm f/1.4 ZA
- Zeiss Loxia 35mm f/2 Biogon T*
- Sony Sonnar T* FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA
- Zeiss Loxia 50mm f/2 Planar T*
- Sony Sonnar T* FE 55mm f/1.8 ZA
- Zeiss Batis 85mm f/1.8
- Sony FE 90mm f/2.8 Macro G OSS
- Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm f/4 ZA OSS
- Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 24-70mm f/4 ZA OSS
- Sony FE 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS
- Sony FE PZ 28-135mm f/4 G OSS
- Sony FE 24-240mm f/3.5-6.3 OSS
- Sony FE 70-200mm f/4.0 G OSS