Canon USA has just released a new firmware update for Canon EOS 7D Mark II, the new firmware version is V 1.0.5.
Firmware Version 1.0.5 incorporates the following fixes:
- Improves AF accuracy when used in combination with the EF 16-35mm f/2.8L USM lens or EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM lens.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which, in very rare cases, the “Peripheral illumination correction” is applied inconsistently.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which, while performing an EF lens firmware update, the progress bar displayed on the LCD monitor may freeze at 100% even though the update has been completed.
- Fixes a processing error in relation to the leap second for the “Geotag information appended to image” and “Log data” GPS functions.
- Fixes a phenomenon, where at the time of shooting in very rare cases “Err 70” occurs, or the shutter does not release.
Firmware Version 1.0.5 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.0.4 If the camera’s firmware is already Version 1.0.5, it is not necessary to update the firmware.