Venus Optics Laowa 50mm f/2.8 2X Ultra Macro APO lens was just officially announced. It is the first lens with 2:1 maximum magnification for Micro Four Thirds (MFT) cameras, featuring an apochromatic (APO) design , the built-in chip and motor and the compactness and lightweight also making it as an ideal choice for macro and outdoor photography. This new lens costs $399, available for pre-order at B&H.
Below are the Key Features:
- Portrait-length prime is designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras and provides a 100mm equivalent focal length.
- Featuring an apochromatic designation, this lens uses a trio of extra-low dispersion elements to effectively eliminate chromatic aberrations and color fringing for greater clarity and accurate rendering.
- Greater-than-life-size 2:1 maximum magnification pairs with a 5.3″ minimum focusing distance, and 2.2″ minimum working distance, to suit working with close-up subjects.
- Manual focus design, along with focus distance and depth of field scales, aids in precise focusing control.
- A seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Integrated CPU permits camera-based aperture control and also transfers Exif data from the lens to the camera.