According to the latest rumors from SAR, Sony has delayed the announcement date of Sony a7 IV from mid-September to the end of October at the earliest. They also said that the supply of Sony a7 IV will be limited during the first few months (from launch).
Earlier rumors said that Sony a7 IV was announced in September and will be released in October, but it seems likely that it will be delayed further. Currently, the supply of cameras and lenses from many manufacturers, including Sony, is stagnant due to the shortage of semiconductors, so it’s no wonder that the release of Sony a7 IV is delayed.
Sony a7 series are one of the most popular models of E-mount cameras, so if the number of supplies is small, it may take some time from the release to the actual acquisition.
Below are the rumored specifications of Sony a7 IV.
- Camera type: Full-frame mirrorless
- Sensor: Full-frame 30Mp BSI CMOS
- Processing engine: Bionz XR
- Sensitivity: ISO 50-204,800
- Autofocus system: Hybrid with 693 phase detection points and 425 contrast detection points, Real Time Eye AF (Human and Animal for stills and video)
Stabilisation: 5-axis IBIS and digital, up to 5.5EV shutter speed compensation
- Video resolution: 4K at up 60fps and 1080p at 240fps, 10-bit and 4:2:2 colour over HDMI
- Gamut: S-Log2 and S-Log3, S-Gamut3.Cine and S-Gamut3
- Still File formats: Raw, JPG, HEIF
- Screen: 3-inch 1,440,000-dot vari-angle touchscreen
- Viewfinder: 0.5-inch OLED with 3.69million dots
- Maximum continuous shooting rate: 10fps with mechanical or electronic shutter
- Storage: Dual: SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS-II) and CFexpress Type A
- Price is just below $ 2,500
Read More Sony Camera Rumors