Tamron has just announced the new SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 lens for Canon and Nikon full frame DSLR cameras. It is available for Canon EF mount and Nikon F mount. The US price for this lens is $1,199.00, $100 cheaper than new announced Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM Art lens. For Canon EF mount, it will be shipping in September, for Nikon F mount, it will be shipping in August.
Below are pre-order links of Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 lens:
- Bright f/2.8 constant maximum aperture affords consistent brightness throughout the zoom range, and benefits working in difficult lighting conditions.
- An eBAND coating has been applied to suppress ghosting and lens flare for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in backlit conditions.
- VC image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to 4.5 stops for more effective handheld shooting in difficult lighting conditions. Separate VC modes are also available to suit various styles of shooting: Mode 1 is a balanced setting for general use, and promotes both a stabilized viewfinder image and stabilized results, while Mode 2 is designed exclusively for panning movements.
- An Ultrasonic Silent Drive autofocus motor delivers quick and precise focusing performance to suit working with moving subjects. This motor also affords full-time manual focus control, and it is possible to focus on subjects as close as 1.25′ away.
- A moisture-resistant construction benefits this lens’ use in inclement conditions, and a fluorine coating has also been applied to the front lens element to protect against dust, dirt, and smearing.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Compatible with optional TAP-in Console for fine-tuning select focusing adjustments and for updating lens firmware.