Sony today announced its new HVL-F43M flash. This flash, which replaces the HVL-F43AM and is compatible with Sony’s Multi Interface Shoe, which can be found on the modern SLT, NEX, and R-series cameras. Another new addition is a LED video lamp for brightening up subjects for still and video recording. The HVL-F43M retains the ‘Quick Shift Bounce’ feature of its predecessor, which allows you to rotate the flash 90 degrees for portrait shooting.
Sony HVL-F43M Flash Price
Sony HVL-F43M Flash Price – $398.00.
Where to Buy Sony HVL-F43M Flash
|B&H Photo Video||Buy Now|
Sony HVL-F43M Flash Features and Specifications
- High-power illumination: High-power illumination (guide number: 43)
- Longer effective range: Longer effective range of over 30 ft. (10.5m)
- Quick Shift Bouncem: The innovative “Quick Shift Bounce” system allows the HVL-F43M to orbit 90 degrees left and right, allowing you to maintain horizontal light distribution even when shooting vertically. In addition to pivoting side-to-side, the flash unit can also tilt down 8 degrees or back 150 degrees
- Wireless flash, bounce flash, modeling flash and multi-burst functions
- Wireless lighting ratio control for smooth, professional effects with up to three flash groups (with DSLR-A900/850/700)
- Versatile bounce angles: Versatile bounce angles: 90° up, 90° left. This allows the flash head to be rotated while maintaining the set bounce angle, so you can quickly switch between horizontal and vertical format without changing the light angle.
- Built-In Bounce sheet: The built-in bounce sheet can be used even when shooting in a vertical position without changing the angle of reflected light.
- Auto white balance: Auto white balance (signals color temp. to camera)
- Auto zoom: Auto zoom optimized for camera sensor size
- Dust and Moisture resistant design: Sealing materials are set at joints of outer materials (body, LCD panel, Mounting Foot etc.) and around movement/operating parts thereby increasing the life of your flash unit.
- Modeling light capability: Modeling light capability allows the HVL-F43M to pulse, helping photographers determine where shadows will fall before taking the picture, so they can alter lighting or subject positioning as necessary.
- Retractable wide-angle panel: Retractable wide-angle panel (15mm angle)
- Wireless Ratio Control: Wireless Ratio Control allows customers to wirelessly control up to three groupsof flashes, as well as specify the luminosity ratio for each group, so they can enjoy multiple-flash lighting techniques without the need for special equipment or tedious exposure settings.
- Simple controls: Simple controls, test button, power saving mode
- TTL metering: TTL metering capability, high-speed sync
- Fast recharging: Fast recharging — up to 38% quicker than HVL-F36
|Advanced Features||Smooth Slow Rec|
|Color Temperature||Approx. 5500K|
|Flash Modes||Automatic Light Control (TTL), Continuous (10 flashes/second, up to 40), pre-flash control, manual contr|
|Flash Coverage||Bounce angles: Upward – 150 degrees; Left – 90 degrees; Right – 90 degrees; Down – 8 degree|
|Flash Metering System||Direct TTL|
|Modes||Wireless, Bounce, Modeling, Multi-burst|
|Number of Flashes||Approx. 200 or more (alkaline batteries)|
|Power Source||Four AA-size batteries, Alkaline of Ni-MH|
|Power Source||4x AA-size batteries, Alkaline or Ni-MH|
|Dimensions||3 x 5.125 x 3.5″ (7.5 x 12.9 x 8.7 cm)|
|Weight||12 oz (340 g) (without batteries)|
Sony HVL-F43M Flash Release Date
The Sony HVL-F43M Flash starts shipping on July 10, 2013.