Sigma has just officially announced the new Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 DC DN Contemporary Lens. It is a small, light, and bright standard zoom for crop-sensor mirrorless cameras, including landscapes, portraits, street photography, architecture, and events.
Key features of Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 DC DN Contemporary lens:
- Standard zoom lens is designed for APS-C-format Sony E-mount cameras and provides a 27-75mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture is well-suited for working in low-light conditions and provides greater control over the focus position when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- Three high-precision glass-molded aspherical elements are used to help limit distortion and spherical aberrations and contribute to greater overall sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Special Low Dispersion (SLD) element reduces chromatic aberrations and color fringing.
- Super Multi-Layer Coating minimizes flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
- In-camera aberration correction further eliminates optical imperfections such as distortion and vignetting.
- Stepping motor with nearly silent autofocus that makes it perfectly suited to a range of photographic applications, including shooting in quiet environments, recording videos, and capturing fast-moving subjects.
- Minimum focusing distance of 4.8″ and a 1:2.8 maximum magnification ratio benefits working with close-up subjects.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
Read more Sigma Lens Rumors