Samsung has just announced the new 4K mirrorless camera Samsung NX1. The price for body only is $1,499. The native 4K Samsung NX1 Mirrorless Digital Camera features a 28.2MP BSI APS-C CMOS sensor that not only produces high-resolution images, but also 4K video at 24 fps, UHD at 30 fps, and full 1080p HD video at up to 60 fps. High Efficiency Video Coding (H.265) is applied so that even 4K and UHD video files remain easy to edit and share. A sharp, 3.0″ HD 1036k-dot touchscreen monitor and 205 phase-detection AF points benefit both cinematographers and still photographers, and in instances where it is preferable to use the camera’s viewfinder instead, a sharp, built-in XGA OLED electronic viewfinder is also built-in.
|Support Cameraegg, Buy from one of our affiliate retailers, Thanks !|
|Samsung NX1||Amazon | B&H | Adorama | eBay|
|Find more hot deals at Camera & Photo Deals|
- 28.2MP BSI APS-C CMOS Sensor
- A large 28.2MP BSI APS-C CMOS Sensor works to produce high-resolution digital imagery while maintaining good shadow details and enhancing low-light performance throughout the camera’s 100 to 51,200 ISO range.
- 4K Recording at 24 fps, UHD Recording at 30 fps and 1080p Full HD Recording at up to 60 fps.
- As a 4K-capable camera, the NX1 is among the most compact cameras in its class. Aside from 4K, video may be recorded in Ultra-HD as well as in full HD. To help ensure that even the highest resolution video files are easy work with, the NX1 accommodates UHS-I or UHS-II memory cards and employs HEVC (H.265) compression. Additionally, video may be recorded directly to an external device with a 4:2:2 (8-bit) output signal.
- Hybrid Autofocus System
- The Advanced Hybrid Autofocus system utilizes 205 phase and 209 contrast-detection autofocus points to acquire focus quickly and precisely. The phase-detection method is ideal for gaining focus in an expedited manner while contrast-detection is employed to fine-tune the focus for critical applications. When combined, focusing is sharp and leads to making photos in a natural and intuitive manner.
- High-Speed Performance
- A 15 fps burst rate with continuous autofocus and a 1/8000 sec top shutter speed keeps even the fastest action sharp. If needed, high shutter speeds are also possible in low light with an ISO range of 100 to 51,200.
- Smart Shooting Modes
- A full menu of “smart” modes is available to accommodate most imaging scenarios. They include: Action Freeze, Beauty Face, Fireworks, Landscape, Light Trace, Multi-Exposure, Night, Panorama (Live), Rich Tone (HDR), Samsung Auto Shutter, Silhouette, Sunset, and Waterfall. For more direct control over the output, Aperture Priority, Auto, Manual, Program, and Shutter Priority modes can also be selected.
- Clear Viewing Options
- Whether filming video or taking still photos, a tiltable 3.0″ HD 1036k-dot touchscreen monitor is provided for subject framing, menu selection, and image review. When use of a viewfinder is preferred, an XGA OLED electronic viewfinder is available that turns on when brought up to one’s eye.
- Easy Connectivity
- Files saved on a memory card within the NX1 can be downloaded off the camera via its speedy USB 3.0 connection. When wirelessly accessing images stored to the camera is preferred, NFC capability allows individual files to be transferred to a smartphone or tablet with one tap. Large groups of images may be transferred using 802.11b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 3.0 technology can be used to easily activate the Wi-Fi while allowing a connected phone to constantly feed accurate GPS data to the camera for tagging to photos and videos in real-time.
- Samsung NX Lens Mount
- A broad array NX-mount of lenses is available for use, ranging from wide-angle primes to long-reaching zooms. The ability to change and utilize different lenses depending on the situation at hand aids in producing captivating and more dynamic imagery. Additionally, the NX1 is compatible with the unique 45mm f/1.8 2D/3D lens that enables one-lens creation of true 3D photos and movies.
|Lens Mount||Samsung NX|
|Camera Format||APS-C (1.5x Crop Factor)|
|Pixels||Actual: 30.7 Megapixel
Effective: 28.2 Megapixel
|Max Resolution||28MP: 6480 x 4320|
|Aspect Ratio||1:1, 3:2, 16:9|
|Sensor Type / Size||CMOS, 23.5 x 15.7 mm|
|File Formats||Still Images: JPEG, RAW
|Dust Reduction System||Yes|
|Memory Card Type||SDXC|
|Video Recording||Yes, NTSC/PAL|
|Resolution||4096 x 2160: 24 fps
3840 x 2160: 30 fps
1920 x 1080: 60 fps, 30 fps, 24 fps, 50 fps, 25 fps
1280 x 720: 60 fps, 30 fps, 24 fps, 50 fps, 25 fps
640 x 480: 60 fps, 30 fps, 24 fps, 50 fps, 25 fps
|Aspect Ratio||4:3, 16:9, 26:9|
|Video Clip Length||Up to 29 Minute 59 Seconds|
|Audio Recording||Built-in Mic: With Video, Stereo
Optional External Mic: With Video
|Focus Type||Auto & Manual|
|Focus Mode||Automatic (A), Continuous-servo AF (C), Manual Focus (M), Single-servo AF (S)|
|Autofocus Points||Phase Detection: 205
Contrast Detection: 209
|Viewfinder Eye Point||21.00 mm|
|Viewfinder Magnification||Approx. 1.04x|
|Diopter Adjustment||– 4 to +2 m|
|Display Screen||3″ Rear Touchscreen Tilting AMOLED (1,036,000)|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100-25600 (Extended Mode: 100-51200)|
|Shutter||30 – 1/8000 seconds in Manual Mode|
|Remote Control||ED-SR2NX02 (Optional)|
|Metering Method||Center-weighted average metering, Multi-zone metering, Spot metering|
|Exposure Modes||Modes: Aperture Priority, Auto, C1, C2, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority, Smart
Metering Range: EV 0.0 – EV 18.0
Compensation: -5 EV to +5 EV (in 1/3 EV steps)
|White Balance Modes||Auto, Cloudy, Custom, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent, Fluorescent (Daylight), Fluorescent (Natural White), Fluorescent (White), Kelvin, Tungsten|
|Burst Rate||Up to 15 fps at 28 MP|
|Flash Modes||1st Curtain Sync
|Guide No.||36.1′ (11 m) ISO100 at 28 mm position|
|Max Sync Speed||Electronic Shutter: 1 / 250 seconds|
|Flash Compensation||-3 EV to +3 EV (in 1/3 EV steps)|
|External Flash Connection||Hot Shoe|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 15 fps|
|Self Timer||2 seconds, 30 seconds|
|Connectivity||1/8″ Headphone, 1/8″ Microphone, HDMI D (Micro), USB 3.0|
|Battery||1x BP1900 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack1860 mAh|
32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)
Humidity: 5 – 85%
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||5.5 x 4.0 x 2.6″ / 14.0 x 10.2 x 6.6 cm|
|Weight||19.4 oz / 550 g|