Rokinon has officially announced the new Rokinon/Samyang AF 85mm f/1.4 EF lens for Canon EF mount. The US price is $749, now available for pre-order at B&H Photo Video/Adorama. The release date for this lens is expected in July, 2018.
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
- One Hybrid Aspherical Element
- Ultra Multi-Coating
- Ultrasonic Dual Linear AF Motor
- Round Nine-Blade Diaphragm
- Portrait-length prime is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used on APS-C models where it provides a 136mm equivalent focal length.
- Very bright f/1.4 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and offers great control over depth of field for isolating subjects and working with selective focus.
- One hybrid aspherical element is used to reduce distortion and spherical aberrations for greater sharpness and accurate rendering.
- An Ultra Multi-Coating has been applied to individual elements in order to reduce flare and ghosting for increased contrast and a neutral color balance.
- Ultrasonic Dual Linear motor delivers quick, quiet autofocus performance. An AF/MF switch is also featured for seamless switching between focusing modes.
- Internal focusing design maintains the overall lens length and prevents the front of the lens from rotating during use.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Included lens hood helps to block stray light from causing flare and ghosting.