Ricoh has officially announced the Pentax HD FA 50mm f/1.4 SDM AW Lens today. The US price for this lens is $1,199.99, it will be shipping in this July, 2018. You can pre-order this lens at Amazon/B&H Photo Video/Adorama.
- K-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
- 1 Aspherical Element
- Anomalous Dispersion Aspherical Element
- Ultrasonic Motor SDM
- Aero Bright Coating II & HD Coating
- Front Element SP Coating
- Rounded 9-blade Diaphragm
- Weather Sealed
The FA 50mm f/1.4 SDM AW Lens from Pentax is a standard length prime lens with a bright maximum aperture that enables accurate low-light shooting as well as providing a wide range of depth of field control. While designed for full-frame Pentax K-mount cameras, the lens can be used on APS-C format cameras where it provides a 76.5mm focal length.
Aero Bright Coating II and HD Coating on the 15 lens elements reduces flare and ghosting even when shooting in harsh lighting, and a front element SP Coating repels water and fingerprints from affecting the front of your lens. Autofocus is powered by Pentax’s Ultrasonic Motor SDM, providing fast and accurate focus while shooting. Additionally, the rounded 9-blade diaphragm produces smooth bokeh for portraits or other types of shots. This lens is also weather sealed, ensuring consistent performance during adverse outdoor shooting conditions.
- Ultrasonic Motor SDM enables smooth and speedy autofocus
- Aero Bright Coating combined with HD Coating on lens elements reduces ghosting and flare in extreme lighting situations
- SP Coating on the front lens element repels water and grease
- Weather-resistant design enables consistent performance during adverse outdoor conditions
- Rounded, 9-blade diaphragm creates smooth and creamy bokeh