Panasonic has just officially announced the new Panasonic LUMIX S 50mm f/1.8 lens. It is a prime lens for the full L-mount system developed in partnership with Leica and Sigma. This new lens is weather-sealed and freeze proof to -10°C/+14°F. It is the same size as several other Panasonic F1.8 primes, making it easy to switch lenses without having to recalibrate a gimbal, for example.
Below are the key features of Panasonic Lumix S 50mm F1.8 lens:
- Prime standard-length lens designed for full-frame L-mount mirrorless cameras, however, can also be used on APS-C models where it provides a 75mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture offers control over depth of field and suits working in low-light conditions.
- Three aspherical lenses including an extra-low dispersion element and an ultra-high refractive index element reduce chromatic aberration and color fringing for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Linear autofocus motor suppresses focus breathing and delivers smooth, precise, and near silent focusing performance.
- Benefitting professional video applications, linear focus ring control for mechanical-based follow focus systems moves the focus at a constant speed in accordance with the rotating angle of the focus ring.
- High resolution sharpness and performance to support 4K video.
- Smooth exposure changes by micro-step aperture control for video applications.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
- Dust-, moisture-, and freeze-resistant design for increased protection from the elements.
|SUPPORT CAMERAEGG, BUY FROM ONE OF OUR AFFILIATE RETAILERS, THANKS !|
|Panasonic Lumix S 50mm F1.8 lens
Read more Panasonic Lens Rumors