At CES 2019, Nikon has officially announced the new NIKKOR Z 14-30mm f/4 S Lens for Nikon Z-mount full frame mirrorless cameras. The US price for this lens is $1,299.00, now available for pre-order at Amazon/B&H Photo Video/Adorama. This lens will be shipping in late April, 2019.
- Ultra-wide zoom covers a wide-angle to portrait-length range and is designed for FX-format Z-mount mirrorless cameras.
- Constant f/4 maximum aperture affords consistent performance throughout the zoom range and also contributes to the relatively lightweight design and compact form factor.
- Stepping motor delivers impressively smooth, quiet, and fast autofocus performance that is well-suited to both stills and video applications. Full-time manual focus override is also possible and an internal focusing design is used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- Programmable Control Ring is, by default, set to adjust manual focus, but can also be used to control aperture or exposure compensation.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.