The Nikon Z6 & Nikon Z7 full frame mirrorless cameras will be officially announced on August 23rd, 2018. According to latest rumors on NR, first hands-on report is already available online, see the detail below:
- The Nikon Z6 & Z7 have many similarities to the Sony’s a7 series full frame mirrorless cameras.
- The new Z-mount is almost as large as medium format mount for some 6×6 SLR cameras
- Handling and ergonomics of Nikon Z6 & Z7 are perfect
- The Nikon Z6 and Nikon Z7 have exactly the same body and use the same battery, similar as Sony a7 series.
- The EVF of Nikon full frame mirrorless cameras is fixed
- There are no scene modes
- There is a green AUTO mode as well as PSAM and 3 user settings
- Both Z-NIKKOR 24-70mm f/4 and Z-NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8 lenses have very fast AF, on the test images there were some signs of vignetting when shooting wide open.
And below is a rumored roadmap of Nikon Z-mount full frame mirrorless cameras and lenses:
- August 23rd: Nikon Z6, Nikon Z7 full frame mirrorless cameras
- August 23rd: Three Z-NIKKOR lenses: Z-NIKKOR 24-70mm f/4 lens, Z-NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8 lens, One more wide angle lens (24mm f/1.8 or 28mm f/1.8 or 35mm f/1.8).
- Around Photokina 2018: Z-NOCT-NIKKOR 58mm f/0.95 lens
- Four or five Z-NIKKOR lenses, one or two will be zoom lenses
- Nikon Z Speedlight
- Nikon Z booster/grip