SAN DIEGO, CA – June 13, 2022 – Sony Electronics Inc. today announced the v1.3 firmware update for the flagship Alpha 1 full-frame mirrorless interchangeable lens camera, adding 8K 4:2:2 10bit recording and Lossless Compressed RAW for still images.
Using newly added 8K 4:2:2 10-bit capabilities, filmmakers and cinematographers can more precisely customize the vibrancy and color grading of their recordings. Combined with the Alpha 1’s 8.6K oversampling for extraordinary 8K resolution, the new addition of 4:2:2 10-bit recording lets filmmakers and content creators realize their creative vision with incredible realism and color.
The update also adds Lossless Compressed RAW files in S, M, and L (small, medium, or large) file sizes. Selecting L size preserves the same image quality as an uncompressed RAW format while significantly reducing the file size. The M and S sizes record fewer pixels than the L size, providing more manageable RAW files. With Alpha 1 v1.3, users can freely combine JPEG and their choice of Lossless Compressed RAW sizes based on their use case. This is especially beneficial with a user needs to deliver JPEG files immediately, but also needs RAW files for in-depth editing.
Click Here to download the firmware Ver.1.30 for Sony Alpha a1:
Benefits and Improvements
- Allows you to select M and S sizes in addition to L when using the RAW recording lossless compression method
- Adds the 4:2:2 10bit selection when shooting XAVC HS 8K
- Allows proxy recording during a remote computer connection
- Improves the accuracy of the Eye AF feature
- Fixes an issue where the remote shooting may not work with Imaging Edge Desktop (Remote)
- Improves the stability of the custom white balance
- Improves the operational stability of the camera
|SUPPORT CAMERAEGG BUY FROM ONE OF OUR AFFILIATE RETAILERS, THANKS !|
|Sony ALPHA a1
||check price||Amazon/ B&H/ Adorama|
Read More Sony Camera Rumors