Leica has just announced the previous rumored Leica Noctilux-M 75mm f/1.25 ASPH. Lens, the US price for this lens is $12,795, now available for pre-order at B&H Photo Video. The release date for this lens is in early 2018.
- Extremely fast f/1.25 maximum aperture affords notable control over depth of field for selective focus shooting, and also benefits working handheld in low-light conditions.
- Short-telephoto 75mm focal length offers a slightly compressed image quality that is well-suited to portraiture and close-up images, especially when used in conjunction with the shallow depth of field afforded by the bright maximum aperture.
- Nine elements in six groups optical design is comprised entirely of anomalous partial dispersion and low chromatic dispersion glasses in order to significantly reduce color fringing and produce imagery with a high degree of clarity.
- Two large-diameter aspherical elements are also used to control spherical aberrations for improved sharpness and reduced distortion.
- A rear floating element system is employed to maintain consistent image quality throughout the focusing range, even at the minimum focusing distance of 2.8′.
- An 11-blade diaphragm produces a rounded and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Built-in extendable lens hood shades and protects the front element to reduce lens flare and ghosting. Additionally, the front of the lens is threaded to accept 67mm screw-in filters.
- A tripod adapter is included to facilitate easy and secure use of this lens when shooting from a tripod.