Fujifilm has just officially announced the new Fujifilm XF 50mm F1.0 R WR lens. It is an ultra-fast standard prime for Fuji X-mount (equivalent to 76mm on an X-mount body), featuring the minimum focus distance of 0.7m (28″) and the max. magnification of 0.08x, 845 grams (1.9 pounds) and using 77mm filters. This new lens costs $1,499.95, first available for pre-order at Amazon/ B&H/ Adorama. It will start shipping from September 25, 2020.
- Prime portrait-length lens is designed for APS-C-format FUJIFILM X-mount mirrorless cameras and provides a 76mm equivalent focal length.
- Exceptionally bright f/1 maximum aperture excels in difficult lighting conditions and also provides impressive control over depth of field for isolating subject matter using selective focus techniques.
- One aspherical element limits distortion and spherical aberration in order to realize greater sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Two extra-low dispersion elements reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to provide greater clarity and color accuracy.
- Super EBC coating has been applied to individual elements to reduce lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out-of-focus quality to benefit the use of selective focus and shallow depth of field techniques.
- Weather-resistant design prevents dust and moisture from entering the lens and to enable worry-free use in inclement conditions and freezing temperatures as low as 14°F.
Read More Fujifilm Lens Rumors
See also 2020 Fujifilm Lens Deals