Fujifilm has released new firmware update V 2.00 for Fujifilm X-E2 mirrorless camera.
This new firmware update brings a lot of new features for X-E2:
- 1.Enhanced EVF including the world’s fastest* display lag-time of 0.005 seconds
The firmware will shorten the display lag** for X-E2’s Electronic Viewfinder (EVF) to less than 1/10 compared to that of the current firmware to the world’s fastest 0.005 seconds for ultimate performance which has been invented as Real Time Viewfinder, featured in X-T1. Also it enhances the frame rate of the viewfinder and the highest frame rate is maintained even in low light conditions or night-time photography, providing smooth live view images through the lens.
- *Fujifilm research as of January 2014.
- **Time lag between actual subject movements and subject movements seen through a viewfinder.
- 2.Selectable colors for outlines for Focus Peak Highlight
Focus Peak Highlight is a focus-aiding function that highlights the outlines of areas that have high subject contrast. The firmware allows users to select Blue or Red in addition to the current White to highlight the areas of strong contrast. The strength of the color display can be also adjusted between High and Low according to the type of your subject or your personal preference.
- 3.Added functions that can be assigned to the Fn (Function) button
Users can now assign the “FACE DETECTION” and “EVF/LCD SETTING” selection functions to four Fn (Function) buttons on the top and back in shooting mode. When set to “EVF/LCD SETTING”, the button is used to switch between four modes, i.e. “EYE SENSOR MODE” (automatically switching the EVF and LCD displays when the user’s eye comes close to the viewfinder), “EVF ONLY”, “LCD ONLY” and “EVF ONLY + EYE SENSOR”.
- 4.Added “Suppressed Flash” option when selecting flash mode
Once the firmware is updated, a “Suppressed Flash mode (where the flash does not fire even when the subject is poorly lit)” can be selected from the flash menu.
- 5.The phenomenon is fixed that in FILM SIMULATION Bracketing, third picture is recorded as “ASTIA” although the third picture is set as “PRO Neg. Hi”.