Firmware Version 1.2.0 incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:
1. Supports Servo AF when shooting still images.
2. Now available when shooting movies regardless of “Movie Servo AF” setting.
Small AF Frame Size
Supports Servo AF when shooting still images.
3. Now available when shooting movies regardless of “Movie Servo AF” setting.
4. Under certain conditions the electronic level displayed in the electronic viewfinder did not display properly.
5. Under certain conditions information displayed in the electronic viewfinder was not properly rotated.
6. Under certain conditions updating the firmware for the wireless file transmitter WFT-E7 was not possible.
This firmware update is for cameras equipped with firmware up to Version 1.1.0. If the camera’s firmware is already Version 1.2.0, this update is unnecessary. When updating the firmware of your camera, please first review the instructions thoroughly before you download the firmware.
The firmware update takes approximately 6 minutes.
The user guide has been revised to reflect the functional improvements to the product. Please download the latest version of the user guide together with the new firmware. The latest version of the user guide can be downloaded from Canon’s Web site.
Preparations for the Firmware Update:
After the downloaded compressed file (.zip file) is extracted, a firmware folder is created.
In the firmware Version 1.2.0 folder you downloaded are the firmware (File name: EOSR0120.FIR / File size: 33,912,208 bytes) and the instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully review these instructions.