Canon EOS-1D X firmware version 1.1.1 now available for download online, here is the detail below about what’s new:
Firmware Version 1.1.1 incorporates the following improvements and fixes.
1. Enables the center AF point to autofocus when the camera is used with lens/extender
combinations whose combined maximum aperture is f/8 (f/5.6 without the firmware
* Please see the “Lenses and Usable AF points” section of the revised instruction manual
for more details on the lens & camera combinations.
2. Displays the viewfinder information (such as the AF frames, grid, etc.) in red during
autofocusing in AI Servo AF.
* When shooting in dark environments during AI Servo AF, the AF points can be easily
* During AI Servo AF, the viewfinder will be lit intermittently, not continuously.
3. Corrects a phenomenon in which the metering value of the AE sensor becomes incorrect and the captured images become pitch-black depending on the timing of lens attachment and/or detachment.
4. Fixes a phenomenon in which Err 70 may occur during AEB shooting.
5. Corrects errors in the Arabic menu.
6. Fixes a phenomenon in which the firmware of the lenses cannot be updated normally.