According to CanonRumors, Canon is planing to announce a true ARRI competitor in the beginning of September, 2016 at IBC, which runs from September 8, 2016 until September 13, 2016 in Amsterdam.
Rumored features & specs of Canon Cinema EOS C700:
- C700 will not replace current C500.
- A new Super 35 sensor with a claimed dynamic range of 15 stops.
- The form factor will be different than the current Cinema EOS cameras. There will be likely be some kind of a shoulder mount.
- Resolution will be slightly above 4K.
- Support anamorphic lenses.
- Price over $30,000.