Sony just announced a new zoom lens for NEX E-mount cameras. The new E 18-105mm F4 G power zoom lens is the first ever G lens created for Sony’s E-mount line of cameras. The premium all-around lens covers a generous 5.8x zoom range from 18mm – 105mm (full frame equivalent 27mm – 157.5mm) and is an ideal choice for travel photography as well as every day, general purpose shooting.
Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS lens Price
Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS lens Price – $598.00.
Where to Buy Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS lens
|B&H Photo Video||Buy Now|
Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS lens Features and Specifications
- Zoom lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 27-158mm, covering wide-angle to telephoto perspectives.
- Constant f/4 maximum aperture enables greater consistency throughout the zoom range and benefits working in dim conditions with longer focal lengths.
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization works to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed steps to benefit shooting handheld in dim lighting and with greater zoom magnifications.
- Two extra-low dispersion elements and three aspherical elements helps to reduce chromatic aberrations and distortion throughout the zoom range while also contributing to overall image sharpness and clarity.
- Handycam technology is used, along with a floating axis design, to provide smooth, quiet zooming performance that is well-suited to movie recording.
- Internal zoom and focus design helps to maintain a constant lens length with a non-rotating front element to support use of polarizing filters.
- Zoom lever allows greater control over the speed of zoom using either variable or fixed-speed settings.
- Separate, dedicated focusing ring permits direct manipulation of focus and gives way to separate power zoom and manual focus controls for greater precision.
|Lens type||Zoom lens|
|Max Format size||APS-C / DX|
|Focal length||18–105 mm|
|Image stabilisation||Yes (OSS (Optical Steady Shot))|
|Lens mount||Sony E (NEX)|
|Special elements / coatings||Two ED glass elements and three aspherical elements|
|Minimum focus||0.45 m (17.72″)|
|Maximum magnification||0.11 x|
|Motor type||Stepper motor|
|Full time manual||Unknown|
|Weight||482 g (1.06 lb)|
|Diameter||78 mm (3.07″)|
|Length||110 mm (4.33″)|
|Zoom method||Rotary (internal)|
|Filter thread||72 mm|
|Hood product code||ALC-SH109|