Panasonic has just officially announced the new Panasonic Lumix S 85mm F1.8 lens. It is a prime lens for L-mount, featuring nine elements, two of which being ED glass, and nine aperture blades, just 355g (12.5oz) and against dust and moisture. This new lens costs $597.99, first available for pre-order at Amazon/ B&H. It will start shipping from December 15, 2020.
Panasonic Lumix S 85mm f/1.8 Overview
Sleek and nimble, the Panasonic Lumix S 85mm f/1.8 is a compact short-telephoto prime designed for full-frame L-mount mirrorless cameras. The 85mm focal length is ideally suited for portraiture and more selective shooting and pairs with a modestly bright f/1.8 maximum aperture that offers depth of field control while also promoting a sleek form factor. The optical design incorporates a pair of extra-low dispersion elements, which help to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to achieve high clarity and accurate color rendering. This lens is also characterized by its linear AF motor, for fast focusing performance, and its dust-, moisture-, and freeze-resistant design to enable working in tough environmental conditions.
- Prime portrait-length lens is designed for full-frame L-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used on APS-C models where it will provide a 127.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture offers control over depth of field and suits working in available lighting conditions as well as promotes a compact form factor.
- Two extra-low dispersion elements reduce chromatic aberrations and limit color fringing for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Linear autofocus motor delivers smooth, precise, and near silent focusing performance to benefit both stills and video applications.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
- Dust-, moisture-, and freeze-resistant design for increased protection to the elements.