Nikon just updated the new version of ViewNX. The ViewNX 2.8.0 now available for download online today.
Modifications enabled with Ver. 2.8.0
- Support for the COOLPIX S6600 and COOLPIX L620 has been added.
- GeoTag in the toolbar has been changed to Map. In addition, “GPS data” and “GPS information” have been renamed “location data”.
- The following support has been added for Motion Snapshots.
– Slideshow function
– When Short Movie Creator or Movie Editor is selected from the Open With option in the File menu, users can now chooseMovies (MOV) and JPEG images or Movies (MOV).
However, to choose one of the above, Short Movie Creator or Movie Editor must be registered in Open With > Register… >Open with Application beforehand.
- An Add/Edit Directional option has been added to the Map toolbar.
- A Merge Altitude Log with Track Log… option has been added to the Log Matching item.
A location log saved with a camera, mobile phone, or other commercially available satellite navigation system receiver capable of acquiring location data can now be merged with an altitude (barometer) and depth log* saved using a Nikon digital camera.
* Altitude (barometer) and depth logs are recorded by Nikon digital cameras equipped with barometers or depth gauges.
Additional modifications to the Windows version
- Installation of QuickTime is no longer required.
- Frame rate options of 50 fps and 60 fps are now available for movies created using the Create Movie… item in the Nikon Movie Editor File menu and output at a size of 1280 x 720 (16:9) and 1920 x 1080 (16:9).
However, the following two requirements apply when 50 fps or 60 fps is selected for Frame rate:
– Only movies have been added to the storyboard (no still images)
– An option other than MOV (MotionJPEG/Linear PCM) is selected for File type:
Additional modifications to the Macintosh version
- Image display with the slideshow function is now compatible with Retina Display.