According to a leaked press release from Nikon USA, Nikon will announce a new firmware updates program called “I AM Advancing” on January 19th, 2015. This “I AM Advancing” firmware update program will allow you download new firmwares for Nikon DSLRs for free for first three years. On January 19th, there will be firmware updates for 6 FX cameras (D750, D810, D800, D800E, D610, D600). The new website for “I AM Advancing” will be located at http://imaging.nikon.com/advancing (not yet active).
Below are new features for these firmware updates:
- New White Balance update, containing Nikon’s latest algorithms for high-quality color balance in any light.
- New “Metallic” Picture Control option, providing photographers with a unique high-contrast setting which is both natural and eye-catching.
- New RAW Histogram. This feature displays impressive full-screen histograms for all 3 color channels (red, green and blue) simultaneously, based on data directly from the image sensor. The new feature allows advanced photographers to fine-tune perfect exposure for each shot.
- Nikon will bring two D810 features to other cameras in the Nikon DSLR line-up:
- “Flat” Picture Control, which allows photographers more options for adjustment in post-processing and
- Electronic First-Curtain Shutter feature, which eliminates vibrations caused by the shutter, is newly available for the recently announced Nikon D750 camera.
Read More: Nikon Rumors