Fujifilm has just officially announced the new Fujifilm X-S10 camera. It is a DSLR-style mirrorless camera featuring a 26MP X-Trans BSI-CMOS sensor, a more traditional control layout and a larger grip, the same sensor, processor and AF system as the Fujifilm X-T4, 5-axis image stabilization system , 30 fps with a crop or 20 fps without using the electronic shutter, or 8 fps with the mechanical shutter. Fujifilm X-S10 Body costs $999, $1,399 (w/18-55mm lens) and $1,499 (w/16-80mm lens), available for pre-order at Amazon/ B&H/ Adorama. It will start shipping from November 19, 2020.
Key Features of Fujifilm X-S10:
26.1MP APS-C X-Trans BSI CMOS 4 Sensor and X-Processor 4
Sporting a versatile and proven sensor, the X-S10 features the APS-C-format 26.1MP X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor, which has a back-illuminated design to achieve smooth tonal and color rendering, improved low-light performance, and a wide native sensitivity range of ISO 160-12800. As an X-Trans sensor, it utilizes a randomized pixel array, too, which provides a high degree of image quality and sharpness due to the omission of an optical low-pass filter. Versus conventional pixel patterns, the X-Trans design more closely mimics the organic nature of film in order to produce nuanced colors and tonal transitions, while also reducing moiré and aliasing.
The sensor’s design also includes an expanded phase-detection autofocus system, which has 425 selectable points that cover nearly the entire sensor area. This AF system delivers faster, more accurate focusing performance in a variety of lighting conditions down to -6 EV. Complementing the imaging and focusing capabilities is the X-Processor 4, which has a quad-core CPU, and delivers faster, more responsive performance throughout the camera system, including a full-resolution 8 fps shooting rate with the mechanical shutter, 20 fps rate with an electronic shutter, or a 30 fps rate with an electronic shutter and a 1.25x crop.
In-Body Image Stabilization
DCI and UHD 4K Video Recording
- High-resolution 2.36m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder has a 0.62x magnification for bright and clear eye-level viewing.
- Vari-angle 3.0″ 1.04m-dot LCD has a touchscreen design for intuitive operation and playback, and the articulating design greatly benefits working from high and low shooting angles. This vari-angle design also means you can close the screen against the camera body, hiding it from view for distraction-free shooting.
- Despite the compact design, a large righthand grip enables solid and stable handling for comfortable all-day use.
- The top plate incorporates a series of physical controls, including a dedicated exposure mode dial and two additional top dials, for fast, intuitive control over camera and exposure settings.
- Rear joystick is available for intuitive selecting and switching of AF points as well as menu navigation and image playback.
- Integrated Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity allows for wirelessly sharing images to a mobile device or to use the device to remotely control the camera.
- Single SD memory card slot supports up to the UHS-I standard for fast and flexible file storage.
- Included NP-W126S battery provides approximately 325 frames per charge.
Film Simulation Modes
- Taking advantage of FUJIFILM’s vast history in traditional film-based photography, the X-S10 integrates several Film Simulation modes, which mimic the look and feel of some of FUJIFILM’s classic film types:
- Provia: The standard contrast and normal saturation color transparency film
- Velvia: High contrast, high color saturation, and vivid color transparency film
- Astia: Subdued contrast and color saturation with a look that is ideal for portraits
- Classic Chrome: Delivers muted tones and deep color reproduction, similar to a dated slide film
- Classic Neg: Muted contrast but vibrant colors with a vintage filmic feel
- PRO Neg: Available with both Hi and Std. contrast options, this mimics the punchy-but-natural feeling of their professional-grade color negative film
- Eterna: For a cinematic look, this provides a flat color, low saturation look well-suited to post-production color grading
- Eterna Bleach Bypass: Refines the standard Eterna look with a higher key, higher contrast feeling while maintaining the overall desaturated look
- Acros: Based on the popular B&W film, this monochrome mode has a distinct tonality and graininess and can be used along with Yellow, Red, and Green contrast filter effects
- B&W: Straightforward and classic black and white effect with Yellow, Red, and Green contrast filter options
- Sepia: Everyone’s favorite old-timey look mimicking the popular alternative process
In addition to simulating specific film types, a Grain Effect mode is also available to replicate the look of old film photos with an organic textured appearance, which is especially noticeable when printing. Color Chrome and Color Chrome Blue effects are also available to deepen color, tonal response, and gradation with higher saturation colors.
SUPPORT CAMERAEGG, BUY FROM ONE OF OUR AFFILIATE RETAILERS, THANKS ! Fujifilm X-S10 Check Price Amazon/ B&H/ Adorama
Read More Fujifilm Camera Rumors