Along with X-T2 mirrorless camera, Fujifilm also announced a new firmware verison 2.0 for X-Pro2. This firmware will be released in October. Also Fujifilm has refreshed the X-mount lens roadmap, with three new XF lens coming in 2016 to 2017.
Fujifilm X-Pro2 firmware version 2.0 detail:
- The new autofocus algorithm* (found in the new FUJIFILM X-T2) produces faster and more accurate autofocus.
* Excludes the new AF-C Custom Settings functions.
- Compatibility with the new hot-shoe mount FUJIFILM EF-X500 flash. The camera will now support high-speed flash sync and multi-flash lighting.
- AUTO POWER OFF will now have 15 second, 30 second, and 1 minute options, allowing more customizable power management.
- The parallax correction function will be improved to provide a more accurate and easier-to-use Optical Viewfinder.
Fujifilm XF lens roadmap:
Also announced is an updated roadmap for developing interchangeable lenses for the X Series line of mirrorless digital cameras. The latest roadmap adds three new lenses: the compact, lightweight and stylish semi-wide angle lens XF 23mm F2 R WR, the compact mid-telephoto lens XF 50mm F2 R WR and the mid-telephoto 1:1 macro lens XF 80mm F2.8 R LM OIS WR Macro. The expanded 25-lens lineup covers extensive angles of view from ultra-wide angle to ultra-telephoto, and will now expand the macro category to further enhance photographic versatility.