The Canon EOS 5DS R Mark II is rumored to be announced in late 2018. According to CR, EOS 5DSR Mark II will replace both 5DS and 5DS R. EOS 5DS R Mark II will have a brand new 60.1MP full frame sensor (Current 5DS & 5DS R has a 50.4MP sensor). And 4K video recording is also coming to EOS 5DS R Mark II, you can take a look at rumored specs of EOS 5DS R Mark II:
Below are rumored specs of Canon EOS 5Ds R Mark II:
- Working prototypes are currently being tested.
- The “5DS” series will be amalgamated into a single camera.
- No low pass filter.
- All new 60.1mp image sensor.
- A new type of low megapixel mode.
- 4K video (video is not a big part of the cameras design).
- Identical body to the EOS 5D Mark IV.
- Focus peaking present, may appear first on another DSLR.
- Expect all the other features such as DPAF, Wifi, Touchscreen and GPS.