Along with Canon EOS M5 mirrorless camera, Canon also announced the EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM lens, Canon’s first lens that has a LCD screen. Offering USM motor focusing for stills and a quieter STM stepping motor for video AF.
Features for the Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM lens include:
- High-speed autofocus for shooting stills and smooth, near-silent autofocus when shooting video is achieved by incorporating NANO USM technology.
- New Lens Information Display shows focusing distance, focal length and shake amount.
- One UD Lens helps reduce chromatic aberration and delivers outstanding high resolution and high-contrast results.
- Image Stabilizer effect at up-to-4* stops of shake correction helps capture sharp images.
- Circular aperture (9 blades) helps deliver beautiful, soft backgrounds.
- Full-time manual focus allows manual focus adjustment while in AF Mode.
The Canon EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 IS II USM lens is scheduled to be available in November 2016, for an estimated retail price of $549.99.