According to recently rumors on CanonRumors, the upcoming Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM lens could be announced sometime in 2016. This lens will be coming along with a new Pro body, could be EOS 1D X Mark II in ealry 2016 or EOS 5D Mark IV in Spring of 2016.
Below are rumored features of EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM lens:
- Slightly longer and a bit heavier than old version
- Retain the 82mm filter thread diameter
- Weather sealing, durability and optics will get obvious improvements
- The lens hood will also be unique to the new lens
- No chance of IS making its way into the lens
Read More: Canon Rumors