According to DCWatch’s latest interview with Mr. Masaya Maeda (managing director and chief executive of Canon’s Image Communication Products Operations) , the built-in EVF version Canon EOS M will coming in the second half of 2014.
- A new EOS M camera with built-in EVF could be released in the second half of 2014 .
- The size of new EOS M systems will keep smaller (the new EOS M2 is 8% smaller than the EOS M)
- Hybrid still+video performance is a key aspect on Canon’s future mirrorless cameras development
- There will be more new lenses for the EOS M system
- Canon is also considering the possibility to make a more semi pro if not pro mirrorless cameras
- Canon is committed to the EOS Cinema line